Rubber grommets enjoy extensive use in different industries and the common reason for it is their valuable characteristics. They are majorly used as an accessory in wiring equipment. Depending on the requirement, different types of rubber grommets such as push-in grommets, bonded grommets, UL-50 grommets, logo grommets, medical plunger grommets, and wire grommets are popularly used.
Do you know the reason for the high use of different types of rubber grommets? It is their valuable characteristics that make them suitable to use for different purposes. Before we enlist the uses of different types of rubber grommets, let’s throw light on their valuable characteristics.
Characteristics of Rubber Grommets
Here are some of the characteristics of rubber grommets that make them extremely useful in different industries:
- Rubber grommets do not break easily as they are tear-resistant. Moreover, they are resistant to heat and also possess weather-resistant property.
- They don’t get affected much due to the UV light and are more durable than other types.
- Due to their high elasticity, rubber grommets enjoy more usage in different industries on a large scale.
- They are suitable for use in restricted spaces and do not cost much.
- Their easy installation and their ability to tolerate high temperatures make them a suitable choice for different purposes.
Uses of Rubber Grommets
Rubber grommets are used for various purposes in different fields. In comparison to metal grommets, the demand for rubber grommets is very high. Read below to know about the various uses of rubber grommets in different areas.
- The major use of rubber grommets is to protect the wires from getting cut due to any sharp plate cuttings.
- In homes, rubber grommets are useful for covering the sharp edge of any metal hole. This is helpful in preventing injuries on a large scale.
- Rubber grommets act as a snug between two different metal components.
- In addition to this, they are used as vibration dampers when they are placed between two metals in different fields.
- Rubber grommets are used for sealing different types of important body applications.
From the above-written content, we can conclude that rubber grommets possess many valuable characteristics. Due to these characteristics, rubber grommets enjoy high usage in different industries on a large scale.
They enjoy more usage in electronics, electrical appliances, furniture, lighting, and machinery. The production in different sectors is booming significantly. And it is leading to an increase in the demand for different types of rubber grommets.